rsyncing images

Hello,

I'm trying to get Debian cd images 1 (nonus) and 2, by using the pseudo
image kit. How much does it matter that the packages are not in exact
order as in the listing? I had a couple of errors in the download which
resulted in about three or four "sections" of packages being out of
place on my second image, many more on the first. I'm busy rsyncing the
second image, and it has already downloaded the first 8 megs of the CD,
with only 3 8192 byte blocks from the "pseudo image"... is this normal?!

I tried rsyncing the first image last night, but when it had fully
utilised my dial-up link for 5 hours, and progressed to 60%, I realised
it would probably be quicker and cheaper if I start again with a more
"decent" pseudo image, and get at the "promised 6 meg d/l". Now with the
second image nearing 8.2 Megs, I'm wondering if this pseudo image kit is
completely broken... ?

I have free access to a debian mirror on a lan, but they charge us 1,50
of our currency per meg of traffic outside the lan, which is why I do
the rsync via modem, supposed to be cheaper...

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Hugo van der Merwe

(ps. I'd appreciate a CC, I don't subscribe to debian-cd, sorry. Hope
this topic hasn't already been covered.)