Re: Can I rync r2 over r0?

On Mon, 25 Dec 2000, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 25, 2000 at 07:51:36AM +1000, jason andrade wrote:
> > On Sun, 24 Dec 2000, Ludovico Cavedon wrote:
> >
> > > Is it worth to rsync potato r2 i386 cd images starting from r0?
> > > Which are the optimal settings?
> > > Or it would mean to download all the data?
> >
> > you can.. you save about 300-400M per image from my tests.
> >
> > but you can save upto 500-600M if you use the pseudo image
> > kit, if you're already a mirror site and have a complete
> > debian archive locally, it's much quicker.
>
> Yes! I didn't think of it!
> I can build a mirror using the 3 cds, then update it and use pseundo-image
> ro build the new images!
> Mhm, it would be hard work with pool, now :-((

If you use rsync for mirroring, you can still mirror potato only, as long as
you use the --copy-unsafe-links option.

(This works only for potato, because woody etc. don't have symlinks. If you
ever want to mirror those, you can use one of the "partial mirroring" scripts
that have passed over debian-devel recently, check the archives.)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer