Re: MAKING THE PSEUDO-IMAGE failure

On Fri, 15 Dec 2000, Jim Goecks wrote:

> Just thought I would let you know that I followed the methods of the
> README.txt file in THE PSEUDO-IMAGE KIT VERSION 2.0 to make the
> pseudo-image file.  Everything seemed to be working great, but after
> several hours when it finished, the pseudo-image file was only 10M long.

Very strange... See if there is any info in the pseudo-image.log file (open it
in WordPad). If it doesn't make much sense to you, maybe you can mail it me
(privately, not on the list) so that I can take a look.

You can also check what's actually in the pseudo-image with the
"more < pseudo-image" command from a DOS window. It's possible that it
contains a few thousand identical HTML pages with error messages. (And don't
send that 10M to me, the Univ's central mail servers will reject that ;-)

It's also possible that using an HTTP mirror works better for you, so you
might want to try that out. Note that in Windows the filesize of open files is
reported as zero, but you can watch the "free space left on disk" to see how
big the image is actually getting.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer