Re: [comments v2] Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r2 Released

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:34:05AM +0100, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> pool/non-US/main/f/fsh/ is drw-rw-r--. Checked on two separate rsync-mirroring
> mirrors. Interestingly,
> http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/f/fsh/
> works just fine.

One other note, if you're looking at pandora directly. I've made a Release
file that describes the current release and authenticates the Packages
files and so on, and an accompanying detached signature called Release.gpg.
This more or less matches the format used by Conectiva's patched apt, so
hopefully a future version of apt will be able to use it to authenticate
the release as a whole.

This probably shouldn't be included on the CDs yet, since it won't match
the Packages files that get used for the CDs; and it probably shouldn't
be relied on too heavily, since they key I used to sign it is really at
about the end of its working life (and it's an RSA key too :).

Cheers,
aj

     ``Thanks to all avid pokers out there''
                       -- linux.conf.au, 17-20 January 2001