Re: [comments v2] Debian GNU/Linux 2.2r2 Released

On Tue, Dec 05, 2000 at 11:34:05AM +0100, J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Dec 2000, Anthony Towns wrote:
> > On Mon, Dec 04, 2000 at 09:14:11PM +0100, Nils Lohner wrote:
> > > [ any more comments?  IMO its ready to go out when the release is made.
> > > --nils ]
> > Which should be finished now. If the CD people want to start seeing if
> > anything's broken, or if not, generating actual cds that's probably not
> > a bad idea.
> pool/non-US/main/f/fsh/ is drw-rw-r--. Checked on two separate rsync-mirroring
> mirrors. Interestingly,
> http://non-us.debian.org/debian-non-US/pool/non-US/main/f/fsh/
> works just fine.

Hmm, perhaps the rsync mirrors aren't correcting their permissions. That
could be bad. (Jason may have a better idea about this)

> Other than that, old packages like fsh_1.0.post.1-2.1.deb and ssh_1.2.3-9.deb
> are still present alongside the new ones; I suppose they should be removed.

Yes, this (and having symlinks from potato -> proposed-updates), is
an artifact of package pools: files don't disappear or get moved except
deliberately. Also, at the moment files aren't being removed from anywhere
at all on non-US, more as a safety matter than anything else.

You'll probably need to handle the extra files by hand with the cd
scripts, I'm not sure we can guarantee there won't be any more in future,
although James may have other ideas. (I'd certainly be more confident if
the CD scripts could handle it) The Packages file is authoritative though,
and there will at least be symlinks under dists/potato for everything.

Cheers,
aj

     ``Thanks to all avid pokers out there''
                       -- linux.conf.au, 17-20 January 2001