Re: cool CD cover art

On 15-Sep-2000 J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> Done. But I see you've used an older and rather mis-shaped (though widely
> distributed) version of the logo. At least the .eps version at
> http://www.debian.org/logos/ is correct (& should be importable in the Gimp).
> The biggest difference is that the correct version has a much thinner `tail'
> of the swirl, and a more `round' font for the `debian' text.

Thanks for pointing that out. I've rushed out and made another
version of the cover with the right swirl and text ;-)

(the files are called cd_cover_3...)

This new version has a much cleaner look, no drop-shadow, and
premade layers for creating the whole disk set.
I've also done a first shot at a simple back cover.

The new files should also should fit exactly into e jewel case
at 300dpi printing.

Are there any plans for making an official CD cover?, or some thoughts
on what a official cover should at least contain?

-Mads

> (And about the disk label: I think it would look best if you'd put a small
> logo left of the hole, and for example the `debian' text at the right side.
> If
> you'd try to fit the center of the swirl over the hole, I think you'd lose
> all
> symmetry. Just my idea ;-)

Agree