Re: cool CD cover art

On Fri, 15 Sep 2000, Mads Buus Jensen wrote:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> > I am interested in it. That would it make easier to create a cover for the
> > second and third CD. Could you put it onto your web page, please?
>
> Due to quite a lot of interest in the original xcf-file, I've uploaded it to
> my web-site at
> http://www.buus.net/mads/cdart
> The top layer contains the disc label (using gimp1.1 you can use dynamic text
> to edit it directly)
> good luck :-)
>
> Debian-cd maintainer :
> Maybe above could be a added to
> http://cdimage.debian.org/faq.html?

Done. But I see you've used an older and rather mis-shaped (though widely
distributed) version of the logo. At least the .eps version at
http://www.debian.org/logos/ is correct (& should be importable in the Gimp).
The biggest difference is that the correct version has a much thinner `tail'
of the swirl, and a more `round' font for the `debian' text.

(And about the disk label: I think it would look best if you'd put a small
logo left of the hole, and for example the `debian' text at the right side. If
you'd try to fit the center of the swirl over the hole, I think you'd lose all
symmetry. Just my idea ;-)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer