Re: Test Cycle 2 Images available from 129.13.126.5::

> >> Just another point, did I see somewhere that certain mac kernels barf on
> >> Joliet extensions? The m68k test cycle 2 CD are using them, so should they
> >> be disabled before release?
> >
> >I haven't heard any such thing but I forward this to the Mac mailing list,
> >maybe someone there has some details on it.
>
> Haven't heard of anything like that. I had a few freezes on my C610 using
> my 2.1 CDs and whatever the latest mac kernel was a few months ago, but I
> get freezes with my CDRom in MacOS too, so I think it's just a really
> stupid drive.

OK, that confirms my opinion that there's no problem in joliet.

> I'd reccomend cutting the CD just the same as any other platform. If the
> mac kernel is broken, it'll eventually be fixed. I'd prefer if the
> distribution didn't work on mac than for it to have have a bunch of cheezy
> workarounds that just lul users into beliving that everything's being taken
> care of behind their backs and there's no reason to contribute the either
> Debian/m68k or the kernel project.

The distribution will work on Mac, you just have to go the extra inch and
unpack the booter and configure it properly (no Prefs file included). No
cheezy workarounds to pretend a false sense of security and support from
me neither :-)

> I'm seriously tempted to drop Linux/Mac68k for the lazy users, I wonder if
> linux users are more grateful and contributing on Linux/SGI-Mips... ;P

Uh, even the status page a SGI is a year old. I bet MIPS users would be
extremely grateful!

	Michael