Re: LOCAL working???

On Tue, 13 Jun 2000, Huneycutt, Doug wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Has anyone successfully added any local .deb packages to a cd run yet?  I'm
> trying to add a task-type package for local use, but the resultant images
> don't include my package.  I've tried it under frozen/local/binary-i386/,
> frozen/local/binary-i386/admin, frozen/local/binary-all/admin, just about
> everywhere I can think of.  And I've generated Packages and Packages.gz
> files.  The build.sh runs to completion, and generates CD images with full
> structures under frozen/local/binary-xxx/, but the Packages files there are
> 0 length, and the .deb isn't on the image.  AARGH!

Working fine with me.  "export LOCAL=1" switched on in CONF.sh

local symlinked in with "contrib", "main" etc.  A full filesystem
../local/binary-all, binary-i386, source/admin, etc

Debian-cd is very fussy about checking.  The .debs and Packages have to be
right.  The task-* .debs need to be properly produced from scratch.  You
cannot get away with modifying an existing package.  I use
dpkg-scanpackages to produce the Packages file in local.  I must admit I
am still have problems with the sources.

Hope this helps.  Get back to me if you think I can assist.

Phil.

-
Philip Charles; 39a Paterson St., Abbotsford, New Zealand; +64 3 4882818