Re: Info needed on potato i386 bootable binary-only building

On Fri, 12 May 2000, Robert J. Alexander wrote:

> I don't know if it is a bug but even though I want only binary disks, I
> must get three files from /debian/dists/slink/main/source/devel/hello*
> ..... why ???

Look in doc/package-developer/. There are three symlinks to those very files.
If you don't want these files (or the entire directory), it should be no
problem to delete the symlinks (or even rm -rf doc/package-developer).

> I have now tried to substitute the plain make bin-list with:
> make bin-list task=tasks/Debian_potato COMPLETE=0 SIZELIMIT=576716800
>
> but still the first CD image is 656.713.728 ..... this time it fits but
> why this dicrepancy ???

Not sure, but it might well be that SIZELIMIT only counts the _packages_ on
the CD, and not e.g. doc/ and disks-i386/ (quite huge).

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer