Re: Getting .list files for potato (was FW: Burning Potato CD)
Has anyone been able to generate the .list files themselves using the
method recomended on this page:
Here is what the page says.
If are no .list files, you can make them yourself easily
(Windows: also see below)[sic]
1) Start rsync-download of the image (without pseudo-image).
2) Watch the downloaded file, let it grow to about 2 MB.
3) Copy the first 2 MB of the downloaded image to a temporary file.
4) Stop the rsync command, this will remove the downloaded file,
but your copy is still there.
5) Run pi-makelist on the copied 2 MB, which is all it needs (also
see the README), and thus make your
own .list file.
6) Now use make-pseudo-image in the usual way.
When I tried the rsync I did not see any file being generated even
though I waited a long time and have a fast connection. Does
rsync hide the file it is building up somewhere else?
>>>>> "Brandon" == Brandon Mitchell <email@example.com> writes:
Brandon> This should answer your question, though I haven't had
Brandon> the chance to try it myself.
Brandon> rsync "220.127.116.11::debian-cd/potato-i386-?.list" .