Re: Getting .list files for potato (was FW: Burning Potato CD)

Has anyone been able to generate the .list files themselves using the
method recomended on this page:
       http://cdimage.debian.org/potato_pre.html ?

Here is what the page says.

       If are no .list files, you can make them yourself easily
       (Windows: also see below)[sic]
    1) Start rsync-download of the image (without pseudo-image).
    2) Watch the downloaded file, let it grow to about 2 MB.
    3) Copy the first 2 MB of the downloaded image to a temporary file.
    4) Stop the rsync command, this will remove the downloaded file,
       but your copy is still there.
    5) Run pi-makelist on the copied 2 MB, which is all it needs (also
       see the README), and thus make your
       own .list file.
    6) Now use make-pseudo-image in the usual way.

When I tried the rsync I did not see any file being generated even
though I waited a long time and have a fast connection.  Does
rsync hide the file it is building up somewhere else?

    Brandon> This should answer your question, though I haven't had
    Brandon> the chance to try it myself.

    [snip]

--
Thanks,