Error on everything...

Hey I just got all 4 .list files for potato from that german site... I
went ahead and placed them in the dir that I plan or runing my pseudo
from and downloading the file to... I ran the following comand:

make-pseudo-image potato-i386-1.list ftp.crc.ca/pub/systems/linux/debian

When I ran that a thousand things scrolled by my screen all saying
something like "WARNING: Error while copying <filenames>" and under it
"Appending to pseudo-image..." and then it finished after about 15
seconds of scrolling those by with the filename of every package on that
.list file...

Any ideas?

thanks guys!

-Dan (whatever)