Re: Potato test CDs

I'll openly admit I'm one of the idiots that downloaded an ISO or few. I'm
open to being enlightened, however. I only run potato at home - and the
Internet connection is a modem. I do have a nice connection at work, but
no Linux box. Just a Windows laptop that I can transfer large amounts of
data to and from work.

If there is some way in which I can use the image kit to update my potato
CDs from a Windows machine, please tell me! It is my understanding that I
*can* do this with "official" images.

You may be asking why I don't just do a apt-get dist-upgrade from home.
Well, I do, unless it's very large. So it's nice to do it from a CD-RW
that I've freshly made.

Is the README for the Pseduo-Image kit posted anywhere easily visible
http://cdimage.debian.org? It explained quite a bit to me that I was
unaware of - more info than in the FAQ or menus. I think this should
really be up front for us to read. If it is, well, I guess I didnt look
hard enough.

Finally, I originally discovered the Potato images for the Hungary site on
freshmeat.net. It pointed me right to the ISO directory - I can't recall
if I was given any hints on the image kit whatsoever. I would imagine
many of the downloaders of the big files are in the same boat.

So forgive any criticism or bandwidth or stupidity on my part. Feeding of
knowledge is welcome.

-Doug
dbaker@connix.com