Re: Thoughts on potato etc.

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Jim Westveer wrote:

> On 08-Nov-99 Brandon Mitchell wrote:
> >
> > The list only has about 10 volunteers now (total, in and out of US), but I
> > can probably double or triple it with a little more effort.  Give me a
> > ball park and I'll round up the volunteers.  (I assume a post to -user
> > or -devel would easily generate 1000+ volunteers :-)
> >
> Brandon,
>
> I am just a mere mortal like yourself, and the cost of the disks I burn
> would come out of my beer / vacation fund.
>
> I can easaly put a stack of CD's in the burner, and come up with
> 10 - 3 CD sets to people who REALLY want to test em.

Ok, I'll leave the list where it is at now.  4 US and 4 non-US.

> But thats easly $75.00 bucks out of my pocket with shipping.
> And the way I look at it...its a LOT of Beer....

I completely forgot shipping.  My head was stuck on the cost or a cd or
two.

> But if you are looking for thousands of CD's, you are gointo
> have to find a corporate sponsor, as I can not afford the
> time or money ;-(

Oh no, the thousands comment was just to work a ball park out of people.
I can't imagine anyone willing to do that.  Sorry if it was misleading.

> Let me know what you think.  Also, we should test more than just
> the i386 arch.....thoughts?

Unfortunately the -testing list is mostly i386, so I only have one amiga.
Let me know what archs are being done in this round, and I can try to grab
one from each of the arch specific lists.

Thanks,
Brandon

    Brandon Mitchell  *  http://public.surfree.com/bmitch
  bmitch@surfree.com  *  ICQ: 30631197