Re: Thoughts on potato etc.

On 08-Nov-99 Brandon Mitchell wrote:

> The list only has about 10 volunteers now (total, in and out of US), but I
> can probably double or triple it with a little more effort.  Give me a
> ball park and I'll round up the volunteers.  (I assume a post to -user
> or -devel would easily generate 1000+ volunteers :-)

Brandon,

I am just a mere mortal like yourself, and the cost of the disks I burn
would come out of my beer / vacation fund.

I can easaly put a stack of CD's in the burner, and come up with
10 - 3 CD sets to people who REALLY want to test em.

But thats easly $75.00 bucks out of my pocket with shipping.
And the way I look at it...its a LOT of Beer....

I would be glad to do it.  ONCE.  If it helps Debian.

But if you are looking for thousands of CD's, you are gointo
have to find a corporate sponsor, as I can not afford the
time or money ;-(

I beleive that when we started discussing this, we were talking about
how we really need to get some of the "beta" images out for testing
so that we can catch any errors/ommitions that might have been made.
I do test installations here on my "parts" machine, but only for
'simple' new installations.

I can help...but only with a limited quanity....a hand full.

Let me know what you think.  Also, we should test more than just
the i386 arch.....thoughts?

--
Jim Westveer <jwest@debian.org>
I get to work, flip the excuse page over: