Re: sunsite.org.uk - rsync access to cd-images

jason andrade <jason@dstc.edu.au> writes:

> On Tue, 27 Jul 1999, Jim Westveer wrote:
>
> > It seems that rsync access to the cd-images on
> > sunsite.org.uk has been down for several weeks.
> >
> > Does anyone here know if this is a perminant, or
> > temporary situation?
>
> it appears they're going through a major equipment upgrade
> of some sort - i've mailed them asking about rsync (but
> haven't received a reply over the last 3 days or so).

I think they might be just a little bit busy doing other things ;-)

They've got FTP back up, I'd expect that HTTP would be next on their
list, so I wouldn't expect them to worry about rsync until after
that's working.

In the mean time, cdimage.d.o has the drawbridge down (i.e. no
passwords required) but as always I'd really appreciate it if people
would make every effort to find the images on nearer mirrors before
resorting to using this, because otherwise I'll probably have to haul
the drawbridge back up again to avoid being trampled under the feet of
the charging hordes.

Cheers, Phil.