Re: pkg-order Packages-main.1 fails because packages conflict

On Thu, 25 Feb 1999, Chris Lawrence wrote:

>On Feb 25, Chris Lawrence wrote:
>> On Feb 25, Steve McIntyre wrote:
>> > The conflicts should not cause a failure. Your output looks very
>similar
>> > to Jim's - check further up and you may see a message complaining that
>> > ncpfs needs ipx. If so, that's your problem. Add ipx to slink1.useful
>and
>> > go again.
>>
>> Well, I didn't get any such message (I think it's losing all of the
>> Failed and Unknown lines... no doubt something in my Perl installation
>> is broken).  But I've added ipx manually to slink1.useful.
>>
>> Anyway, I'll revert to the slink version of pkg-order and try again.
>
>Reverting to pkg-order 1.02 solved the problem; I have 6 missing
>packages (well, 5, now that I fixed the ipx thing):
>
>Unknown:
>   Package: gimp
>      slang0.99.38
>   Package: gnurobots
>      libguile2
>   Package: moonlight
>      mesag2(>= 2.6)
>   Package: ncpfs
>      ipx
>   Package: scwm
>      libguile2
>   Package: wine-doc
>      wine

OK, looks better.

>Can someone explain why gimp depends on slang0.99.38 on m68k (but
>slang1 on i386)?  Sounds like m68k needs a rebuild of gimp.

Hmmm, yes.

>libguile2 seems to be completely missing on m68k, yet somehow we
>managed to build two programs that depend on it: go figure.  Maybe it
>accidentally got dumped into potato only.
>
>There was some discussion of the moonlight issue on the m68k-build
>list (I don't know what the consensus was on that); it looks here like
>an out-of-date library situation again.

moonlight has been removed from the standard base installations for m68k
now AFAIK.

>Wine is an oversight on my part; consider it gone.
>
>I'll report anything else I find after running the full Packages
>file through pkg-order...

Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
Getting a SCSI chain working is perfectly simple if you remember that there
must be exactly three terminations: one on one end of the cable, one on the
far end, and the goat, terminated over the SCSI chain with a silver-handled
knife whilst burning *black* candles. --- Anthony DeBoer