Re: How is it decided what packages go on what CD?

Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Sun, Dec 26, 1999 at 12:12:10PM +0000, Philip Charles écrivait:
> > The latest boot-floppies came out a few days ago and I do not know if
> > anyone has produced a disc set using the lists from them yet.  I may get a
> > chance to do this in the next two - three days.
>
> For Debian potato the master file is no more used. We're using the
> packages called task-* to select the packages. The first CD does incude all
> (not all in fact but most) task-* packages and with the dependency check,
> the necessary packages are pulled in ...

All the packages are pulled in by the Depends lines of the task-*
packages?
I modified my package ordering tool to take care of this. It would
appear
if you only consider packages from main and contrib (including non-us),
just over 99% of people could be happy with just the first CD.

This is ofcourse assuming that the popularity contest represents a
good cross-section of the debian community, which I think is not
true.

http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/package-ordering.html

Martijn