Re: How is it decided what packages go on what CD?

Philip Charles wrote:

> With 2.1 the preselected systems took up about 60 - 70% of the first CD.
> I have not looked at the new boot-floppies yet to see how much of the
> first CD will be taken up with the preselected systems.  I suspect that
> most of the spare space on the first disc will be taken by recommended and
> suggested packages for these systems, particularly if non-US and non-free
> are included. However, the popularity contest could be useful in selecting
> packages for the second and third CDs.  Some investigation is needed.

Hmm, are there any lists of what might currently end up on each CD?
I've written a script to generate such a list from the popularity
contest and I'm curious to see how they compare.

http://cupid.suninternet.com/~kleptog/package-ordering.html

Martijn