Re: yacs - make

On 20-Oct-99 Raphael Hertzog wrote:
<snip>
> make status does generate a new status file automatically. But
> it may be inconsistent, that's why you need make correctstatus.
>
> make potato_status does use the provided status file.

Humm, so fyi, I just added this to my version of build_all.sh

replace:         make ${CODENAME}_status

with    echo " make status"
        make status
        if [ $? -gt 0 ] ; then
                echo "#"
                echo "### make status failed..."
                echo "### doing make correctstatus "
                echo "#"
                make correctstatus
                make correctstatus
                make correctstatus
                make correctstatus
                make correctstatus
                echo "### if it aint clean by now...tough!"
        fi

unfortunately it does not error-out if correct status does
not finish successfully.  Under todays "potato" archive, it DOES
finish successfully for all but the powerpc arch...

ie for powerpc the errors are:

  at: Depends: libelfg0 but it is not installed
  g++: Depends: libstdc++2.10-dev (>= 1:2.95.1) but it is not installed
  libpam-modules: Depends: libdb2 (>= 2.3.16) but it is not installed
  make: Depends: libelfg0 but it is not installed
  perl-5.004-doc: Conflicts: perl-doc
  perl-5.005-base: Conflicts: perl but 5.004.05-2 is installed
  perl-5.005-doc: Conflicts: perl-doc

This is probably because the archive is inconsistant.  liblefg0 is
in the archive.  I havent figured this one out yet.

Jim

---
Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
I get to work, flip the excuse page over:
  Free Radicals suspected, processing terminated".
Fair enough, looks like it's gointo be a good day.
E-Mail: Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>
phone   425-392-0141
fax     425-557-0660                  Date: 20-Oct-99
URL     lcs.issaquah.wa.us            Time: 11:34:43
Random number = DC 49 E8 7E 76 DD 30 2D 8D F1 B4 D8 A3 60 4C 04