Re: yacs - make

Le Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 04:40:45PM -0700, Jim Westveer écrivait:
> After playing with YACS for a bit, it seems that if one
> runs:"make correctstatus" several times, it seems to
> build a more current view of the local archive, than when
> using "make status" , or "make potato_status", as they
> seem to use older static data files.

make status does generate a new status file automatically. But
it may be inconsistent, that's why you need make correctstatus.

make potato_status does use the provided status file.

> Is there a down side to this that I don't see?

No, unless the choid made by apt-get in order to correct the status file
are bad ...

Raphaël Hertzog >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/
<pub> CD Debian : http://tux.u-strasbg.fr/~raphael/debian/#cd </pub>