Re: sunsite.org.uk - rsync access to cd-images

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, Steve McIntyre wrote:

> On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

> >BTW, this works best if all directories are located at the beginning of the
> >image. `mkisofs' 1.12b3 as distributed in the "cdrecord suite" (see above)
> >does this; I'm not sure about `mkhybrid'. BTW, do you really still use
> >`mkhybrid'? The new `mkisofs' seems to be able to do anything `mkhybrid'
> >does...
>
> Does it flatten external sym-links if necessary?

The manpage doesn't mention it. But I never tried, so maybe there's a hidden
feature ;-)

> >Another question: does rsync patch in-place or does it make a temporary
> >patched file (thus requiring twice the disk space)?
>
> It patches in-place.

Excellent.    (Wait a minit... then if someone happens to be reading the file
during patching, s/he gets corrupted data? Would that be an issue for the
mirrors?)

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer