Re: sunsite.org.uk - rsync access to cd-images

On Tue, 17 Aug 1999, J.A. Bezemer wrote:

>> Does it flatten external sym-links if necessary?
>
>The manpage doesn't mention it. But I never tried, so maybe there's a
>hidden feature ;-)

Well, that was patch that we've put into mkhybrid. -F will flatten
external sym-links. Very useful for people making images off an
NFS-mounted mirror.

>> >Another question: does rsync patch in-place or does it make a temporary
>> >patched file (thus requiring twice the disk space)?
>>
>> It patches in-place.
>
>Excellent.  (Wait a minit... then if someone happens to be reading the
>file during patching, s/he gets corrupted data? Would that be an issue
>for the mirrors?)

I'd not though of that. Hmmm. I could be wrong...

--
Steve McIntyre, Allstor Software         smcintyr@allstor-sw.co.uk
"Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky,