Re: Yacs-0.1 is here

On Thu, 15 Jul 1999, Raphael Hertzog wrote:

> Le Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 09:20:02PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe écrivait:
> > # apt-cache depends sympa nasm-mode dotfile-bash dotfile
> > sympa
> >  |Depends: sendmail
> >  |Depends: postfix
> >  |Depends: <qmail>
> >   Depends: exim
>
> Is there any calculation done to select the package that will appear in
> Depends instead of |Depends ?
>
> And your tree is not deep enough ... :-)

Well, if you want to go to termination it will be -much- longer, and
ultimately I'd think you really need that. Just write your script to call
apt-cache again and again, it runs -very- fast, and if you batch requests
it's even better. You can write a simple depth first addition routine.

> > It is really fast as well, there is no problem with calling it multiple
> > times.
>
> Where can I get this new tool ? On CVS ?

Ah, yeah - :pserver:anonymous@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/deity

check out the 'apt' module, then 'debian/rules apt'. You'll need autoconf
installed and a few -dev packages.

Jason