Re: Yacs-0.1 is here

Le Wed, Jul 14, 1999 at 09:20:02PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe écrivait:
> # apt-cache depends sympa nasm-mode dotfile-bash dotfile
> sympa
>  |Depends: sendmail
>  |Depends: postfix
>  |Depends: <qmail>
>   Depends: exim

Is there any calculation done to select the package that will appear in
Depends instead of |Depends ?

And your tree is not deep enough ... :-)

>   Depends: mailtools

Actually mailtools is useless without libtimedate-perl ... should I check
check myself by launching another time apt-cache with mailtools as
argument ?

Considering that you list all the dependencies even those already
satisfied that will make me call apt-cache many times. It may not be
a big problem but if you can easily correct that, then it would be nice.
You simply should check not to list the same package twice (in the
Depends) in order to avoid loops ...

> It is really fast as well, there is no problem with calling it multiple
> times.

Where can I get this new tool ? On CVS ?

And thanks a lot for your help !

Hertzog Raphaël >> 0C4CABF1 >> http://prope.insa-lyon.fr/~rhertzog/