Re: Making a Potato CD

On Jun 10, Jarkko Vatjus-Anttila wrote:
> This is exactly what I want to know too. I have *all* of potato files
> here and I have divided into two cd size images. DSelect documents say
> that each CD need to have Packages.cd file which describes the contents
> of the current CD so that dselect can install the packages from it. The
> question is that how is this Packages.cd made and are there any other
> files needed in the CD (except the packages of cource).
>
> I think this should be in the FAQ and if it is somewhere there then I'd
> like someone to point out where.

A CD script for unstable is still being worked on; someone reported
here that they had hacked it to fit main on 2 CDs (at least on Intel),
but I'm not sure if they put the patches in CVS or what...

[Aside: since we've only got 10 MB of spare space on the source CDs,
it may be time to consider at least permitting bz2'ed source
packages.]

Chris