Re: WARNING -- now moving CVS area from master

steve> Hmmm. I'm having trouble getting into CVS. I'm on master using

steve> CVSROOT=:ext:93sam@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot

steve> and I can't connect. I'm used to using cvs at work, but not
steve> with the latest versions. I get

steve> master:~$ cvs checkout debian-boot cvs.debian.org: Connection
steve> refused cvs [checkout aborted]: end of file from server
steve> (consult above messages if any)

You need to tell CVS that :ext: means ssh, not rsh.  rsh is not
enabled on cvs.debian.org for obvious reasons.  Do:

  export CVS_RSH=ssh

and try again.

steve> and then if I try to cvs login, I get

steve> master:~$ cvs login cvs login: can only use pserver method with
steve> `login' command cvs [login aborted]: CVSROOT:
steve> :ext:93sam@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/debian-boot

steve> What am I missing?

Yeah, with the :ext: method you don't do 'cvs login'.