Date: Mon, 22 Feb 1999 12:13:08 +0000
From: Philip Hands <phil@hands.com>
To: [...]
Subject: Debian Slink CDs now appearing

Hi Folks,

Just thought I'd warn you that there are going to be a load of new images
appearing at rsync://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/ which will end up using
something like an extra 10GB of space if you are mirroring them.

At present they will be under:

  rsync://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/slink_test

Once they are released, I'll move them under:

  rsync://cdimage.debian.org/debian-cd/2.1_r1

or some such (I'll warn you when it happens, so you can move them
yourselves and save some bandwidth).

BTW  Any suggestions for how to reflect the version numbers, without changing
directories (so that we actually get to take advantage of rsync's update
ability) would be helpful.

If you're wondering why I'm telling you all this, it's because you are listed
as having rsync access to the master site --- If you no longer need this,
please mail me, and I'll take you off the list.

Also, if you can arrange to mirror from other mirrors near to you, rather
than direct from my machine, then you'll save bandwidth, and keep NetCOM UK
happy, which would be good, since they have to pay for international bandwidth
from the UK (that's where cdimage.debian.org is).

I believe Sunsite UK do not get charged for outbound international bandwidth
(Lee, please correct me if I'm wrong) so if you are outside the UK and were
planing on grabbing the images direct from cdimage.debian.org, then mirroring
from Sunsite UK would probably be preferable --- they have a MUCH bigger pipe
than me anyway, so it should be quicker too.

Cheers, Phil.