Installing slink this week ;-(

FYI,

I burned slink #1 & #2 today with slink_cd-1.04
, and tried a quick install on a system here,....humphf....

The initial install went fine, I selected one of the
predefined dselect options std-server-plus ....
and dselect (multi-CD)was humming along when.....

dselect bombed out with errors in php3 and apache.

No big deal, I restarted Install....and got the error:
could not find device /dev/loop#

Ok, so I re-booted, and started dselect from (A)ccess...
...error cant find packages.cd.....
well, I think what dselect is trying to say is
that it cant find it for _local_  ... ok lets move on.

(U)pdate reports ...  could not find device /dev/loop#

Awah.shi#

Ok, lets lie to dselect and tell him I just have a
standard CD install (not multi-cd access method).

Fine, dselect loads everything, including apache, and
finishes normally.

Now, I do NOT think that slink_cd-1.04 is at fault here,
I have not checked further yet, but a lot of packages were updated in the
past week.

At this point I have NOT figured it out, but I thought
I would post this as a warning....

Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com>

So far, no one has been killed in a computer crash.
Jim Westveer ------------- jwest@netnw.com
phone -------------------- 425-392-0141
http://www.netnw.com
http://www.linuxcd.com/gif/box-debian.gif