Re: dselect tutorial

On Wed, 16 Dec 1998 21:30:06 -0500 (EST), Bob Hilliard <hilliard@flinet.com> said:
>      Is anyone working on an update for the dselect tutorial that
> has traditionally been kept in the disks-i386 directory?  It is
> somewhat out of date.  If no one is working on it, or claims
> ownership, I will try to do something with it next week.  I plan to
> refer to it in the README-upgrade for the 2.1 CD.

>      I would like to see it included in either /install or /upgrade
> on the CD.  If it will stay in the
> debian/dists/stable/main/disks-i386/current/ directory on the CD, I
> can include a symlink to it in the /upgrade directory.  Phil, do you
> see any likelihood of the directory structure changing for 2.1?

I know nothing about the directory structure for the Debian CD.  I
wish someone could tell me where users will find stuff like the rescue
disk image (in case its needed) for all platforms, where the
documentation that comes with the CD is located.  If anyone on the CD
team could critique my install manual
<URL:http://www.debian.org/~aph/boot-floppies/> (pick any architecture
you like).

>      Adam, several weeks ago we discussed the possibility of
> incorporating the upgrade README into the Installation Manual.  I
> now think this would be unwise.  The documents are intended for two
> distinct audiences.

Yes, I agree.  However, I need to mention that the Install Manual
isn't meant for users who already have Debian installed.  Is there a
well-defined URL for the README-upgrading?  I see it off
www.debian.org; will it stay in the same location?  (i.e.,
http://www.debian.org/2.1/HOWTO.upgrade)