Re: The Debian CD Standard (not yet official ;) )

On 13-Nov-1998, Jim Westveer <jwest@netnw.com> wrote:

> I do not believe we need to change every installation program
> before we can burn a slink disk, just re-organize our current
> structure a bit.

That's not true.  The installation programs need to be able to prompt
for disks to be inserted.  Even with the 2.0 binary-i386 and contrib
2 CD sets that many vendors carried this was a problem -- do an
"update" in dselect with the second CD and it would forget all the
packages you had on the first CD.

--

Because I dislike being quoted I lie almost constantly when talking
about my work.

Tyson Dowd   <tyson@tyse.net>   http://tyse.net/