RE: The Debian CD Standard (not yet official ;) )

Humm, now I have more questions...

1.)  What pacthed mkisof ?? ver ?? location ??

2.)  With slink in a frozen state, will you be able to make
changes to  apt, dpkg, dselect, to support multiple disks?
(yea I know about dpkg-multicd)

3.)  The structure in your proposed standard indicates that
the following would be on CD-1:
--------------
 CD1 .disk/info = "Debian GNU/Linux binary-i386"
     dists/stable/main/binary-all/
                       binary-i386/Packages.cd.gz
                       binary-i386/net/foo.deb
                  contrib/binary-i386/Packages.cd.gz
                  non-free/binary-i386/Packages.cd.gz
                  non-US/binary-i386/Packages.cd.gz
--------------
!!!!!dists/slink/main/binary-i386 alone currently occupies
 around 844,793,737 bytes......it ain't gointo fit on one CD/ROM

It would seem that only the "necessary" parts of
dists/slink/main/binary-i386 need to be on CD-1;

which brings up the point....why do we not add a new category
(directory) for non-essential components, and just release
them on a supplementary disk.

e.g..  kjbible (7M), gimp-manual (15M), and xbooks (17M)
certainly are not "required" for the installation of
a base Debian Linux system.

I do not believe we need to change every installation program
before we can burn a slink disk, just re-organize our current
structure a bit.