Re: Future of kFreeBSD in Debian unstable

Hello
I am not a debian developer, and I just use kFreeBSD on a VMs for testing purposes.

I think it is a project worth keeping alive, even if not 100% workable.
Dumping it away is a great waste of previous and precious work on portability and kernel abstraction.
kFreeBSD 7 was stable enough to be used as desktop, as I did on a secondary box, real hardware.

Given the stats from https://popcon.debian.org/ it seems that kFreeBSD is still running on 38 active machines (not counting my 2 VMs, as I don't run them 24x7)
38 kFreeBSD boxes are more than hurd-i386, s390*, ppc64*.
mips64el is an official port, and is running only on one machine, so it seems that there is more interest in unofficial kFreeBSD than official mips64el

Just my personal opinion, as a debian user.

Bye
gl

Hi,

last month Julien Cristau wrote that buildds for kFreeBSD will go
away[1]; there was no reply and this has since happened.

I'm wondering if there is still any interest in keeping kFreeBSD in
unstable?  Given the lack of response, I am considering removal in a
few weeks.

Ansgar

  [1] https://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2017/12/msg00008.html