Re: Debian GNU/kFreeBSD 8 installation

Hi,

Adam Wilson wrote:
> What is the recommended way to install Debian GNU/kFreeBSD 8? The only
> media I have been able to find for 8 is the netboot image (mini.iso),
> which I really don't care to pursue.

This thread mentions a test CD image, which I recommend you try:
https://lists.debian.org/debian-bsd/2016/03/msg00150.html

It is the best jessie-kfreebsd install media we can offer at the moment.

The mini.iso is deficient in that it does not fetch the latest version
of debootstrap (from -proposed-updates) so my test image bundles it
onto the CD instead.

See also the user feedback in that thread for potential issues;  YMMV
and perhaps it will work better or worse for you.  Feedback is welcome,
since we may soon be ready to build the official images.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org