Are GNU/kFreeBSD 7 images isohybrid?

Recently, I tried to install Debian GNU/kFreeBSD 7 using the 7.9 netinst image, which I dd-ed to a USB. However, the device was registered in the BIOS boot options as a "floppy drive" (?!) and when selected, the system simply hung and asked me to enter a valid boot device.

My system supports booting from USB- I have used the GNU/Linux netinst images to install Debian a number of times (my current installation of Jessie was from netinst off USB, in fact).

Do the Debian 7 GNU/kFreeBSD images support USB? What could be the problem here?