Re: jenkins kfreebsd jobs (Re: Plan B for kfreebsd)

Hi,

On Mittwoch, 12. November 2014, Steven Chamberlain wrote:
> Sorry!

np, really...

> Future idea would be to split out some functions so that I
> can at least dry-run them from a basic shell without Jenkins...

I'll shortly replace g-i-i.sh with something based on libvirt-cucumber+sakuli,
so I'd suggest not to invest too much work in g-i-i.sh anymore...

> > cannot download the preseed file, despite it's there. At first I thought
> > QEMU_NET_OPTS is probably not set, but it is, so hmmm. Maybe the video
> > will give more clues...

in the video there is no IP address to be seen. em0 gets a link, but thats
all.

> d-i syslog should be going to Qemu's virtual serial port.  Would you
> prefer that I either add:
>
> -serial stdio, so that d-i syslog messages appear inline in Jenkins
> console output (there will be many of them, but they are helpful)
>
> or
>
> -serial file, to write those separately as an artifact

whatever you prefer really. I tend to somewhat prefer the latter... optionally
output that at the end of the job...

cheers,
	Holger