Re: Plan B for kfreebsd

Christoph Egger wrote:
> <weasel> christoph: the ftp-folks wouldn't mind having a jessie-kfreebsd suite in the main archive.
>
> With our own acceptance policy I guess (like backports has different
> people accepting and stuff) and DSA would sure be willing to use
> that.

Oooh that does actually sound perfect!  I am thrilled.

> All it means is we need to do some release that is close enough to
> being debian for the infrastructure.

> It means we can't only do some rolling stuff and expect DSA to run
> hardware for us for example.

The rolling stuff was initially my idea to replace testing.  But then I
wondered for a while, if we had that, was there still a need for a
conventional stable release;  I see clear reasons now for the latter.

Thanks!
--
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org