Re: (Almost) Time for Jessie Beta 2?

On 12/09/14 23:37, Cyril Brulebois wrote:
> FWIW:
>
> partman-ufs |            19 |    testing | source, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386
> partman-ufs |            19 |   unstable | source, kfreebsd-amd64, kfreebsd-i386
>
> (see top of https://release.debian.org/britney/hints/kibi)

Oh, thank you for that.

>> But if I'm able to make partman-zfs changes today or tomorrow, and
>> someone can upload it for me, it would be nice if it migrated in time to
>> get into Beta 2, so that we can get better feedback from testers on ZFS
>> installs in particular.
>
> ACK. I should be available for uploading those changes once they're in git.

I've committed a really simple change that disables the new code I was
worried about, hiding that menu option on kfreebsd.  It doesn't
add/remove/change any translated strings.

Please could you upload it?  With appropriate urgency or a Britney hint
so that we can get it into d-i Beta 2?

(I've tested it by way of a full ZFS-root install using the legacy ZVOL
method.  I had to `wget` and `udpkg -i` my locally-built partman-zfs
udeb, to displace the one from sid installed by anna, before starting
partman).

Thanks,
Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org