Re: Cinnamon X Gnome X Mate

On 28/11/2013 05:25, brunomaximom@openmailbox.org wrote:
> Hi guys,
> I'm confused about what collaborating...
> I'm Gnome user and we know that Gnome Shell has problem with systemd, so
> I thought about make the combination Cinnamon + Gnome apps, but Gnome
> apps was created for Gnome Shell and can run weird on another DE.
> So I thought to make the combination Cinnamon + Mate apps, make more
> sense... or Cinnamon + other apps, but I don't know if that is convincing.
> So if those options don't seems good options, I can colaborate with pure
> Mate.
> What you suggest?

You make it sound like Cinnamon doesn't fit with any suitable DE
combination?

Anyway we're not DE experts. Maybe this question would be more
appropiate for Cinnamon (or MATE) mailing lists.

My take is just that the more options we have, the better. So if you
find that any of those isn't ported, and you can help with porting,
please go ahead.