Re: ufsutils experiment (please comment/test)

On 09/10/13 21:50, Robert Millan wrote:
> Guillem Jover:
>> I've now done a git-svn clone so that I can work with something saner,
>> and I'd put the repo in the project git space, so that others can use
>> it and do not need to do the initial conversion too, but I seem to have
>> lost the admin bit "recently", so I guess I'll put it somewhere else.
>
> What do you need it for? (other than unilaterally migrating the official
> repository to git)

It's useful for offline change tracking and such, even if the official
packaging repository doesn't use it.  (I'd still prefer to stay with
SVN, unless FreeBSD switch to Git and can demonstrate it working well).

Using Git on top of checked-out CVS trees seems to be a popular
workflow.  It sounds like the best of both worlds;  Git for offline and
distributed working, and a more traditional linear VCS like SVN for the
master repository.

Having a single 'official' git-svn repository like Guillem's makes it
easier for Git users to share things with each other,

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org