Re: Dropping kfreebsd-8?

On 16/06/13 23:49, Christoph Egger wrote:
> I guess there's going to be a 9.2 with the missing stuff soon(ish)?

Most likely, but there's no schedule yet.  So I would guess later this
year, and then the first kfreebsd-10 RC sometime next year.

> If so the extra features probably aren't worth the trouble (and we still
> would need 8.4 uploads next to working 9.{2,3} uploads).

If someone wants an 8.4, it could maybe go into experimental only.

It sounds convenient to keep 8.3 in sid for staging security or stable
updates.  Keeping the same version as wheezy, it should have the same
security support.  Upstream support for 8.3 ends April 2014;  after that
we can backport fixes from 8-STABLE, which is basically 8.4, supported
upstream until June 2015.

Steven Chamberlain
steven@pyro.eu.org