Re: freebsd-libs transition

On Sun, 2012-02-12 at 16:23 +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> El 12 de febrer de 2012 12:53, Adam D. Barratt
> <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> ha escrit:
> > Looking at
> > http://release.debian.org/transitions/html/freebsd-libs.html , there are
> > several packages which build-depend on a -dev package produced by
> > freebsd-libs but don't have a run-time dependency; what's the situation
> > with them?
[...]
> kfreebsd-*:
> libsbuf-dev is needed for a build system component, which is not
> installed in kfreebsd package.

So there's no need to binNMU them?

> libsdl1.2:
> It was built without usb support because configure probe failed, most
> likely due to breakage in kfreebsd-kernel-headers which isn't present
> anymore.  With up-to-date sid configure probe succeeds but it FTBFS
> later due to API change (filed as #659615).

Fun...

> zfsutils:
> gratuitous build-dependency (fixed in SVN).
>
> totem:
> gratuitous build-dependency (filed as #659622).

etc.  Thanks for checking those.

I've scheduled binNMUs for the first level of packages on the transition
tracker (URL above).  Note that in the process I discovered that
freebsd-libs no longer builds on Linux architectures, which will need to
be resolved as part of the transition; see #659913.

Regards,

Adam