Re: freebsd-libs transition

On Sat, 2012-02-04 at 20:00 +0000, Robert Millan wrote:
> El 4 de febrer de 2012 19:44, Adam D. Barratt
> <adam@adam-barratt.org.uk> ha escrit:
>   The libraries produced by freebsd-libs are
> > used by other packages, some of which will at various points be involved
> > in other transitions (and indeed may be right now), so the more
> > appropriate thing to do would have been to ask "when would be a good
> > time to upload" and then wait for a response to that.
>
> Sorry about that.  That I can recall, this is is the first time I go
> through this.  It didn't occur to me that this situation had the
> potential to be problematic as well.

Hopefully it won't be; the reverse-dependencies certainly have the
potential to be affected by changes in other packages though.  (One of
them, gpsd, had its own transition not that long ago in fact.)

> A quicker reply would have helped too, in putting me out of my ignorance.

Yep, I already mentioned that in my first mail.  We should be better at
at least following up with a "we haven't had chance to look in to this;
please bear with us" type mail.

> Anyhow, is there something I can do to help at this point?  Just let me know.

Being prepared to handle any issues quickly when they come up, mainly.

Regards,

Adam