Re: Barry and ppp support on kfreebsd

On Thu, Jun 21, 2012 at 09:45:23PM +0200, Robert Millan wrote:
> Is ppp functionality essential for Barry to be useful at all?

It is only expected to be there by one part of barrydesktop...
its "Modem" button.  But it will give a simple error if it can't find it.

> If so, I suggest you make Barry linux-only by adjusting Architecture field.
>
> Otherwise, Barry is not supposed to Depend on ppp and should use
> Recommends instead (preferably with [linux-any] filter).

This sounds like the quickest solution.  I can work on actually getting
modem support to work on kfreebsd separately.

I'd welcome tips on that task, if anyone has them handy.

Thanks!
- Chris