Re: kfreebsd-8_8.3-1_kfreebsd-i386.changes REJECTED

El 10 d’abril de 2012 0:48, Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> ha escrit:
> Even if MK_KERNEL_SYMBOLS works, it would be nice sometime to skip
> generation of debug symbols at all during the build (of
> kfreebsd-{8,9,10}) if they are not needed/used yet.

Well, in theory we should support DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=nostrip someday,
or maybe DEB_BUILD_OPTIONS=debug.  Building with -g is a pre-requisite
for this.

As for DEBUG make option, I notice that 999_config.diff disables it
for sys/{i386,amd64}/conf/GENERIC, but not for XEN.  Do you know if
it's possible to do this for all flavors in one shot by disabling it
in sys/conf/DEBIAN instead?  I did this for a few other options and it
helped reduce the upstream delta.