Re: Unable to mount filesystem from the Install CD: permission denied ( are you root )

El 23 de març de 2012 23:25, Steven Chamberlain <steven@pyro.eu.org> ha escrit:
> Hi,
>
> I was referring to debian-installer, while trying to rescue an
> already-installed system.  If someone does this, it's quite likely their
> filesystem was unmounted uncleanly and so they would hit this problem.

Then it's a bug in rescue-mode package.  Please could you report?

> I doubt this problem could happen on boot.  Wouldn't the root fs get
> mounted with -o ro anyway (which works), then fsck'd if necessary?

Does this work fine for non-root fs too?  I don't use UFS myself but I
suppose if /etc/fstab is properly setup, it should.