Re: cardbus wired NIC trouble, any suggestions?

Hi!

Benjamin Kaduk <kaduk@MIT.EDU> writes:
> On Tue, 1 Nov 2011, YongHyeon PYUN wrote:
>> I'm not familiar with Cardbus based controller so I have no clean
>> idea how to attack this at this moment.  Basically all Cardbus
>> controllers are seen as PCI device in device driver.  Because re(4)
>> successfully attached to the controller and re(4) supports RTL8110
>> based controller I think you may want to try enabling a loader
>> tunable like the following in /boot/loader.conf file.
>>
>> hw.re.prefer_iomap="1"
>>
>> If /boot/loader.conf does not exist on your box, try crate it and
>> reboot and let me know whether that makes any difference on your box.
>
> (kFreeBSD is architected such that it does not use the freebsd loader,
> and therefore /boot/loader.conf will not actually do any useful
> settings.  You should set that tunable in your grub configuration
> instead.  This most commonly comes up for kern.hz; googling for that
> with kfreebsd should bring up an example configuration to crib from.)

  I've now tried setting this in grub for kfreebsd which didn't help. I
also again tried with a FreeBSD 9.0-RC1 Memory stick, which should be
plain FreeBSD and allows these kinds of settings, also with no
success. Also tried setting some cardbus debugging options because I
read about that on some website, output is at [1].

Regards

    Christoph

[1] http://www.sieglitzhof.net/~christoph/chillida.dmesg
--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer