Noob Alert Install Problem

I tried to get some help with this from the normal forum and didn't get any bytes, I wanted to check out the BSD release as I have come to love the Linux version. Hopefully I can get help here. if I should be putting this somewhere else please let me know. I attempted the install and checked the media etc. but it drops to a grub prompt time after time. Is there something I can do to either fix this or it would be fine if someone knows the boot string I should input from the grub prompt so I can boot the install and check this out.

any help is appreciated.

--jerry