RFS: istgt - iSCSI userspace target daemon for Unix-like operating systems

Hello list,

as discussed several times now on this list, I was seeking assistance
for my iSCSI target project for kFreeBSD, as that's something kFreeBSD
is missing so far. Recently Robert Millan asked me to join the kFreeBSD
maintainers team and to maintain the package under the umbrella of this
team.

If you update the glibc-bsd trunk next time you will see my stuff in
there, along a README.Source file how to put all this together, as my
upstream unfortunately does not really like helpful (i.e. browsable)
source tarball directories. That's also resulting in a missing watch
file and/or get-orig-source target in debian/rules. Good thing here is,
the upstream tarball is not touched at all, so it is not a big deal to
package a new upstream version.

For now, the package seems ok and to work, so I'm not in need of any
help now (although I'd appreciate if someone would co-maintain it with
me. Just put yourself to Uploaders). However my FreeBSD knowledge is
limited, which is why I would like to have someone assisting me in case
of porting/BSD API specific problems, I can't figure out on my own.
After all that's why I joined this team as well.

I am a Debian Maintainer (DM), but no developer yet. This means, as you
might know, I am not allowed to upload packages all alone. Hence I need
someone else in the kFreeBSD maintainers team to sponsor me the upload
(and successively set the DMUA flag at some point, if one thinks I
should be allowed to upload all on my own).

The source package is Lintian clean (or, well, clean of errors), but has
some less important things to note:

I: istgt source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
P: istgt: no-upstream-changelog
W: istgt: binary-without-manpage usr/sbin/istgtcontrol

I explained already why I could not provide a watch file and the
upstream changelog is Japanese, so I decided not to provide it either
(for now?). The source package can be found on:

dget
http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/i/istgt/istgt_0.4~20110717-1.dsc

(note, the version could also be 0.4+20110717 - upstream isn't very
clear about that, so I opted for ~ as that's easier to fix in case of a
problem. However the "0.4" part of the version is not used to identify
the source version anyway, and appears only at runtime in the program
output)

- --
with kind regards,
Arno Töll