Re: linprocfs inside

2011/7/21 Darko Hojnik <hojnik@virtualizing.org>:
> Hi there
>
> I'm currently playing again with Debian kFreeBSD based jails under a FreeBSD
> Host.

Make sure you read the FAQ entry [1] and associated links.

[1] http://wiki.debian.org/Debian_GNU/kFreeBSD_FAQ#Q._Can_I_run_Debian_GNU.2BAC8-kFreeBSD_in_a_chroot_under_FreeBSD.3F

It's possible you also need:

http://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/glibc-bsd/trunk/kfreebsd-8/debian/patches/111_linprocfs_kthread.diff?revision=3458&view=markup

but I'm not familiar with linprocfs.  Perhaps someone else can give a
better answer.

> In fact Debian has no real useful solution to bring Debian kFreeBSD on
> physical servers.

Why do you say that?

> But for running Debian kFreeBSD inside masshosting
> environment (what is a real attractive idea) like jail based VServers thats
> will be the pain in the ass. I've noticed that some guys here are porting
> jails to Debian kFreeBSD. I hope they will read this post and thinking about
> it.

Doesn't seem hard, I might do this if I find a minute.